[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Re: More capaciter Questions

>2.  Is there anything cheaper than plexiglass to insulate the primary
>from a wood base?

>>cardboard?  PVC pipe with notches cut in it?  Wood?  A garage sale large
>>plastic salad bowl?  If you are interested in cheap, then you have to get
>>creative and scrounge.  Go to the hardware store and browse!

Be careful with wood.  I've managed to burn little holes in the top of a
butcher block workbench with the leads from my sparkgap (bad design!).  At the
moment I've got my primary up on a plastic milk crate which works pretty well
with the current configuration.

Charles
(I'm working on a web page..photos will be up soon)