[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Re: Safety Shut-off

On Sat, 12 Oct 1996, Tesla List wrote:
> 	So this is what I came up with: Right by the kitchen door going
> into the gatage is a 6 inch square panel with a big red light labeled
> High Voltage On, and a big red push button labeled Emergency Off. On the

That is certainly a good idea. Just in case something happens. There
must always be a simple way almost anyone can cut the power down.
I've been thinking something like that myself too.

Too bad shutdown is not easily automated. Everyone keeps telling
leakage current sensors etc will not work. However, I cannot see
why. Perhaps I should make some measurements some day on the subject..

> in the kitchen can turn it off. She still doesn't like high voltage, but
> she feels a lot better knowing that she can take control should the need
> arise. She might even let me run the new Tesla coil that I am now
> working
> on.

Great. Then it certainly was worth doing! :)
--
We have phone numbers already, why would we need IP-numbers! -unknown person

Harri.Suomalainen-at-hut.fi - PGP key available by fingering haba-at-alpha.hut.fi