[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Re: A few questions

Tesla List wrote:

> >From dll-at-egg-rb-dot-comWed Oct  9 22:03:28 1996
> Date: Wed, 9 Oct 1996 07:16:30 -0400 (EDT)
> From: dll-at-egg-rb-dot-com
> To: tesla-at-pupman-dot-com
> Subject: Re: A few questions
>
> Richard
>
> I read some time ago that you had perfected a
> fixed electrode spark gap that is built inside
> a PVC tube with forced air blowing through it.
> Could you send me a copy of the design?  I would
> like to try it with my coil.
>
> Thanks
>
> Dave Lockwood

Dave,

I assume you meant me and not Richard Quick!  If I am in error, sorry.  I
have made a series gap arrangement in a 12" diameter short piece of PVC
with a high speed fan blowing through it.  It used about 6 gaps total
made of Copper pipe sections about 3 inches long and 2" in diametr.
These were secured to the inside circumference of the tube with 1 bolt
each through the tube and pipe.  The gaps were adjustable to a limited
degree as the tubes circled the inside of the tube plenum.  The bolts
extended to tthe outside and were used to tap into the gap as needed.  A
large 12" high speed blower fan was attached to the top[ of the plenum
and the base had about 6" legs to hold it up off the floor and allow for
air escape.

I have no construction plans, but show its manner of construction on one
of our video report tapes.  Sorry, can't remember which now as I don't
have a catalog at work with me.