[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Re: Capacitor construction

On Wed, 16 Oct 1996 23:05:23 -0600 Tesla List <tesla-at-poodle.pupman-dot-com>
writes:
>>From mhammer-at-midwest-dot-netWed Oct 16 23:01:34 1996
>Date: Wed, 16 Oct 1996 19:39:13 -0500 (CDT)
>From: Mike Hammer <mhammer-at-midwest-dot-net>
>To: tesla-at-pupman-dot-com
>Subject: Re: Capacitor construction
>
>At 10:25 PM 10/13/96 -0600, you wrote:
>>>From bmcpeak-at-gte-dot-netSun Oct 13 22:17:28 1996
>>Date: Sun, 13 Oct 1996 08:04:53 -0500
>>From: Brad McPeak <bmcpeak-at-gte-dot-net>
>>To: tesla-at-poodle.pupman-dot-com
>>Subject: Capacitor construction
>>
>>Hello All,
>>I would like to get the list subscribers input on capacitor
>construction. I
>>have built several roll caps ala TCBOR, they work great.(Thanks
>Richard H.)
>>I would like to build a Vertical plate cap. One thing that escapes me
>is how
>>do you bond the plates to PE or otherwise keep them from sliding down
>in a
>>vertical Cap? I have seen it mentioned about clamping the the stack
>>together, would this not hinder the air from escaping if tight enough
>>keep the plates from vibrating down? I will not be able to vacuum the
>cap
>>down. Since hot melt glue is PE could this be run in a thin border
>around
>>the edge of the metal would it continue to hold the plate under oil?
>And
>>last would Polystyrene which is fairly rigid work better as far as
>bonding?
>>I believe its electrical properties are close to PE? Thanks in
>advance.
>>Brad McPeak
>>E-mail bmcpeak-at-gte-dot-net
>>McPeak Antiques
>>http://home1.gte-dot-net/bmcpeak

	Hi Brad,

 I have two flat plate PE caps, one with 80 plates, one with 30 plates
and they are mounted with the plates in a
verticle configuration, I  stacked my plates and then
clamped them between two pieces of 3/8" thick lexan
before placing the whole assembly into the contaier of
oil. Both of my caps are 4 years old now and are still
working fine.

			Mark Graalman