[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

The Two Capacitor Problem.

From: pgantt
To: tesla-at-poodle.pupman-dot-com
Date: 10/31/96 01:41:51
Subject: Re: The Two Capacitor Problem.

On 10/28/96 22:25:17 you wrote:

>>From 73041.2215-at-CompuServe.COMMon Oct 28 21:46:10 1996
>Date: 28 Oct 96 11:16:23 EST
>From: JEFFREY WIGGINS <73041.2215-at-CompuServe.COM>
>To: Tesla List <tesla-at-poodle.pupman-dot-com>
>Subject: The Two Capacitor Problem.
>
>Dave, All:
>
>Here follows, for your entertainment, the rantings of a lunatic.
>
>As the dielectric constant of free space (vacuum):
>How can nothing (the vacuum) do something (store energy)?
>It can't.
>
>Therefore, since space has properties, it cannot be nothing.
>(it's an AETHER/or thing!)
>
>This begs the question: What the &*%-at- is space, anyway?!
>
>Flames, brickbats, letterbombs etc. welcome...
>
>Jeffrey (I'm probably nuts, please help me) Wiggins.

You are right.  There is energy and there is matter, and an eternal process
of one being converted into the other.  I maintain that a vacuum would be
the worst dielectric because free space cannot store energy (or matter) or
it wouldn't be free space.  It can, however, conduct energy.  Like the
electromagnetic energy from the sun.  Or, from a microwave antenna on a
satellite.

Phil Gantt

Phil Gantt (pgantt-at-ix-dot-netcom-dot-com)
http://www-dot-netcom-dot-com/~pgantt/intro.html