[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

RE: 100 kva coil

----------
From: 	Tesla List[SMTP:tesla-at-poodle.pupman-dot-com]
Sent: 	Friday, September 27, 1996 11:25 PM
To: 	Tesla-list-subscribers-at-poodle.pupman-dot-com
Subject: 	Re: 100 kva coil

>From hullr-at-whitlock-dot-comFri Sep 27 22:13:13 1996
Date: Fri, 27 Sep 1996 09:44:49 -0700
From: Richard Hull <hullr-at-whitlock-dot-com>
To: tesla-at-pupman-dot-com
Subject: Re: 100 kva coil

Tesla List wrote:
> > > Richard,
> > >           You wrote....

<BIG SNIP>

D.,

The current method is shown in detail on our tape report #53.  The
epitome of the process is to place a large modern type metal lamp shade
(circa 1960s) in the shape of the classic "flying saucer" on an insulator
on top of the toroid of the small coil.  Many small neddle points were
directed upward to the over head free terminal.  No spark ever contacted
the free saucer.  I was able to charge a big DC 1 ufd pulse cap in less
than a minute to 15,000 volts DC!  I could also run 3 capacitor motors up
to 1000rpm and a set of Franklin bells and two corona motors all at one
time.

I wouldn't recommend this over a conventional DC supply though. I choked
on ozone!!!

It is really just a novel and interesting phenomena not normally
associated  or even imagined with TCs.

Richard Hull, TCBOR

Richard,
	About choking on ozone, how was the experience of being one of the few human beings
to have survived living in a Rectifier tube.

D. Gowin

  [Part 2, Application/MS-TNEF  3KB]
  [Unable to print this part]