[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Re: Steinmetz Coil

Tesla List wrote:

> >From cyberverse-dot-com-at-cyberverse-dot-comTue Oct 15 22:05:37 1996
> Date: Mon, 14 Oct 1996 19:51:08 -0700 (PDT)
> From: Gene Lambert <cyberverse-dot-com-at-cyberverse-dot-com>
> To: tesla-at-pupman-dot-com
> Subject: Re: Steinmetz Coil
>
> Hello everyone:
>
> I am interested in building, (because of financial and physical constraints)
> a tabletop magnifying transmitter. I would like it to have a rotary gap, and
> be powered by my 15K neon sign transformer. However, I am open to suggestions ;)
>
> Any plans out there?
>
> Thanks in advance
>
> Gene lambert

Gene,

No plans for such a system are floating around.  The magnifier in such a
small  size and space would not likely outperform a standard 2 coil
system at the same low power level provided by a single 15KV neon sign
transformer.  The beauty of such a system is that it could have the
driver off in a corner and pump up a free standing resonator a number of
feet away.

Richard Hull, TCBOR