[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Re: Power Arcing

Quoting Bert Hickman:

Quoting Bert Pool <nikki-at-fastlane-dot-net>:

 > Bert, before you joined the list, I posted a message relating
 > how the brass weather-stripping which goes around the door
 > leading from my house into the garage picked up enough rf to
 > actually char the lower corner completely off the door!

I have seen kitchen type tables with aluminum "moldings" around
the outside. These molding around the edge form what is
essentially a single turn square coil. What do you think happens
when you set up even a small Tesla coil on (even near) such a
table and fire it? Humm...

Opening up shorted turns and grounding one end is a good idea if
it can be accomplished. If not try moving away or turning things
around a bit. Even a 90 degree rotation off axis helps in some
cases.

A very, very good post went up today from Robert Stephens
(rwstephens-at-ptbo.igs-dot-net) that maps out almost exactly what I
have been doing to isolate most of the RF energy in the lab.
His suggestions will go far to preventing serious problems.

Richard Quick

___ Blue Wave/QWK v2.12