[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Re: The Fever

Tesla List wrote:

> >From SSNSanders-at-aol-dot-comTue Oct 29 22:46:35 1996
> Date: Tue, 29 Oct 1996 11:52:26 -0500
> From: SSNSanders-at-aol-dot-com
> To: Tesla-at-pupman-dot-com
> Subject: The Fever
>
> I worked yesterday in the shop all day and everything I did seemed to make
> little improvements. Fine tuning ,the sparks got longer and more intense,
> even my wife was impressed. This thing will cook! The point is when starting
> I just wanted a small coil to fool around, after yesterday its , MUST    HAVE
>    MORE    POWER!!!! . I am hooked.Vol 184 nat geo is most impressive of Mr
> Hulls coil and makes mine resemble a spark plug. Im going to start another
> coil, HEH HEH. Most of the coil build programs start out by saying pick a
> frequency that you want and then you build the coil around that starting
> point. How the H do I know what frequency I want? What about 500KHZ, sound
> OK? I already have a wound coil of 4 inch PVC wound 28 inches with #22. What
> would be the advantage of 500KHZ over 300KHZ,   ANY?   Stephen Sanders.

Stephen,

I am of the wind and blast school of Tesla coil building!  Figure it all
out afterwards.  In general, based on past wind and blasts, the lower
the frequency the better!  With frequencies above 400kHz, comes high RF
and circuit losses in the materials and surrounding air.

Richard Hull, TCBOR