[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Re: Ground rods

Tesla List wrote:

> >From kukkonen-at-cc.hut.fiThu Sep 26 21:37:09 1996
> Date: Thu, 26 Sep 1996 15:53:48 +0300 (EET DST)
> From: Kristian Ukkonen <kukkonen-at-cc.hut.fi>
> To: Tesla List <tesla-at-poodle.pupman-dot-com>
> Subject: Re: Ground rods
>

> > 020 603 HF point   $3.25     steel slug w/ tungsten face, 4/base
>
> Something to consider for a RSG with a need of 64 electrodes.. :)
> Of course, stainless steel will do as a cheap replacement material
> and is a lot easier to work with..
>
> Kristian Ukkonen.

Kristian -

 I went and got two of the Miller HF tips to play with. (They went
up to $4.25 each though... :-(

However, after doing the math and such, I am beginning to like the idea
of going to the tungsten TIG rods on my rotary gap. More expensive, but
as the tips *eventually* wear, you dress them with a grinder and simply
pull out more of the rod from it's holder.

- Brent