[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Re: Grant's Coils

Tesla List wrote:

> >From i541771-at-imsday-dot-comWed Sep  4 22:28:02 1996
> Date: Wed, 4 Sep 1996 20:00:33 +0000
> From: Chris Singletary <i541771-at-imsday-dot-com>
> Reply to: single-at-imsday-dot-com
> To: tesla-at-pupman-dot-com
> Subject: Re: Grant's Coils
>
> Depends on what you mean by transmit power? It is done with every
> tesla coil built if you are refering to power through the air (Even
> though at great losses). But if you are refering to power tranmission
> using the earth as the conductor and using the shuman cavity then
> that is another matter and your 4" coil I am afraid is to small to
> conduct meaningful experiments. I will send you a program that should
> help you to learn more.
>
> Chris Singletary
> member - TCBA
> Believe that you CAN accomplish the impossible and you shall.

Chris,

I would be interested in taking a look at that program you mentioned in Grant's Coils
reply.

I would also like a reference to a good oil to use in caps. Do you know of anyone using
nested metal hemispheres as caps?  Any comment would be helpful.

Thanks

Gary
elder-at-datasync-dot-com

September 6, 1996