[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Re: More Tuning/Debugging

> All,

> Would any one else like to try this measurement? Over volt the
> 110V tap of your pig and plot the current with the HV open. jim

Yeah, I've seen it too.

I have a 7200V-240/120 25KVA single bushing pig. After I
rewired it (HV and LV sides under the oil) for 14,400, two
bushing operation the idle current went from barely noticeable to
around 10-12 amps at 240-260 volts. It hums pretty loudly too,
and it is not nearly as smooth was before the re-wire.
Considering that it weighs several hundred pounds I am not too
worried about the damned thing getting hot, but I figure there
are a few kilowatts going to heat when the thing is no-load
idling at 240-260 volts.

The ideal solution for me would be to place two pigs on line:
LV windings in parallel, HV windings in series. This way I could
get the voltage without the losses.

Richard Quick