[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Re: How with no RF ground?

Tesla List wrote:

> > Subject: Re: How with no RF ground?
>
> >From hullr-at-whitlock-dot-comThu Sep 19 22:38:53 1996
> Date: Thu, 19 Sep 1996 11:04:27 -0700
> From: Richard Hull <hullr-at-whitlock-dot-com>
> To: tesla-at-pupman-dot-com
> Subject: Re: How with no RF ground?
>
> Tesla List wrote:
> >
> > >From bturner-at-apc-dot-netWed Sep 18 23:47:13 1996

<<SNIP>>

> > Tesla List wrote:
> >
> > OK - I vote that we take up a collection and buy up a whole bunch of
> > junk automobiles (ie: old pre-80's road boats) and make one. Make a
> > sort of arial counter-poise / automobile modern sculpture. Perhaps
> > charge admission to pay the electric bill???
> >
> > - Brent ;-]
>
> The ideal counterpoise would be boring and threading a 1" diameter hole
> in the deck of the battleship Missouri while at anchor in a nice salt
> water port.  I don't think there would be a detectable difference even in
> dry dock.
>
> Richard Hull

Ahhhh. But the extra-long cable needed to connect you up in Virginia
would cost major $$$$, and act as an effective counterpoise anyway...
though I suppose you can always write the Navy and make them an offer
on the Missouri anyhow. From what I hear, they can use the $$$...!

- Brent (getting sillier by the hour here...)