[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Big conical TC

I believe that Bert Hickman asked if there are any big conical TCs
around. Some time ago I believe I was at the Palomar Observatory in the
Los Angeles area and visited the museum which was at the site on top of
the mountain. They had a conical TC which if memory serves me was about
6' or 7' tall. I believe it was 1/2 of a two coil system. Also again if
memory serves me I think the single coil which was on display put out
about 10" sparks. Sorry I don't have more info. Perhaps someone else is
familiar with this coil and can tell us if it still exists and more
importantly, if it still works.

Skip