[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Primary Tubing Rating

All,

I just placed our CP cap order. We're getting a .05uf-at-20kV for the big coil
and a .01uf-at-15kV for the small coil (for a total of $615 US ouch!).

On the big coil, the 1/16"x2" copper strap isn't long enough to resonate at
the desired frequency (I can only get 6 turns) so we're going to rebuild
the primary (too bad, I love that copper strap).

Our questions are...

What kVA values equate to copper pipe diameters?

eg: Is 1/4" dia. big enough for 3kVA?... What's the limiting factor, turn
to turn flashover or current capacity? If we move to a pole pig will 1/4"
be inadequate?

Thanks...   ...Jeff

DDLabs Tesla Group (formerly This Old Tesla Coil)