[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Re: More Tuning/Debugging

>From: Richard Quick <richard.quick-at-slug-dot-org>
>To: tesla-at-poodle.pupman-dot-com
>Subject: Re: More Tuning/Debugging

[snip]
>No, I use a tiny amount of bypass capacitance across the HV
>terminal, nothing on the LV side. I am not seeing any voltage
>spikes on the mains, though I admit I have not run extensive
>monitoring on these lines. My normal observations indicate that
>if anything I am seeing a voltage drop accompanied by a large
>current surge into the system.
>

>Sounds reasonable. I have an old soda crate packed with old PCB
>high-value caps that I have used for power factor correcting
>(pfc) caps on my neon banks. Once I get things up and running
>again I may give it a try.

Richard,
	I'm out of ideas here. My only thought is that because, you
are (were) not generating voltage spikes on your house mains, your
ballast is critically or over damped. Could the pig's core saturation
be acting as a dampening resistor? I am assuming here, that you've not
changed the resistive ballast from prior setups.

	Regards,

	jim