[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Re: Ground rods

Tesla List wrote:

<<SNIP>>

> > And last does anyone know of a mail order source for Tungsten
> > TIG points or rod? I called a few welding supply places in the
> > Dallas area and they didnt know what I was talking about?
>
> Tungsten face on steel slug spark gap electrodes... The Miller
> (welding supplies/parts) part numbers are:
>
> 095 621 base       $3.50     porcelain, each one holds 2 gaps
> 020 622 point holder $8.52   Al, 4/base, cooling fins all around
> 020 603 HF point   $3.25     steel slug w/ tungsten face, 4/base
> Prices are for each piece, avail as an assembly.
> <Tip from Mark Napier>
>
> Richard Quick
>
> ... If all else fails... Throw another megavolt across it!
> ___ Blue Wave/QWK v2.12

Richard -

  FYI, the price of the tips went up to $4.25. At least that's what
they are priced here in Orange, California, as I got a few of 'em
to play with on my rotary gap. (Will require modifications to the
steel slug, but for the price...!)

  One thing you might also want to try is to ask the welding shop
if they have other style HF points. The one that I went to had a few
tips that used a threaded stud instead of the steel slug as the Miller
units do. They were also 1/2" in diameter, with the facing being made
of *thoriated* tungsten! Yahoo!

- Brent