[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Tuning Problem & synergis

Quoting coco-at-astroman-dot-com:

> I will try out a larger toroid...I currently am using a 4"
> diameter dryer duct over a plastic form for a 20" mean
> diameter.

A larger toroid should help a lot.

> I have heard this term "synergistically", recently on the list,
> but am not familiar with this method...could anyone fill me in?

Humm, ahh, ummm....

Balance throughout the system. Capacitor value matched to the
transformer output, high-Q tank circuit and secondary, critically
coupled primary/secondary w/large discharger and heavy RF ground
go far to obtaining synergism in the system: input=output - low
loss. By toying around with various factors a synergistically
tuned system today is not nearly so hard to obtain as it would
have been in Tesla's era. We know most of the major factors that
go into high efficiency/syngersitic systems today.

Thank you Richard Hull for pointing these out. Many times I find
myself simply repeating basics you explained to me years ago.

Richard Quick

___ Blue Wave/QWK v2.12