[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Re: Copper Rod Grounding

Tesla List wrote:

> >From atech-at-ix-dot-netcom-dot-comSun Sep 15 21:33:34 1996
> Date: Sun, 15 Sep 1996 14:08:18 -0700
> From: "Dennis C. Lee" <atech-at-ix-dot-netcom-dot-com>
> To: tesla-at-pupman-dot-com
> Subject: Re: Copper Rod Grounding
>
> I would think that the grounding rod parameters may affect the magnitude of
> the energy that is converted to a longitudinal wave imparted into the
> Earth's mass.
>
> Here are some ideas:
>
> What if the grounding rod were positioned so that it is axially aligned with
> the primary of the Tesla coil?
>
> What if this rod were then made of iron for its' magnetic properties? How
> would the material selection of the grounding rod affect the longitudinal wave?
>
> How far can a rod be driven into the Earth without heavy equipment?
>
> Regards;
> Dennis C. Lee
>
>Dennis,

I wouldn't know about longitudinal waves, but the magnetic properties of
the ground rods would have no effect on the ground itself.  All normal
ground rods made for that purpose are pure steel anyway!!  They fake you
out as they are all copper clad (for conductivity).  You couldn't drive a
copper rod or pipe 6 feet without bending it into a pretzel (too soft)

I have sweated bullets driving two 10 foot ground rods 9' into the earth
with a 10 lb sledge.  That's about the limit for the human being busting
a gut to push a rod in old hard soil or clay.  Sandy soil is easier and
rocky soil is vertually impossible to ground.

Richard Hull, TCBOR