[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Re: New pictures

[sni[]
>Boy, the sparks sure look fatter and more awesome on video!
>
>-- Bert --

And time exposures look even better still!  I took a bunch of shots of my coil
two weekends ago using a Nikon F3HP with the shutter set to auto (200asa film).
 I was by myself so I had to set the timer and then, flashlight in hand, run
behind the coil to the control area.  I thought the max open shutter time was 8
seconds when this camera is on auto, however a few times I returned to it after
firing the coil and it was just closing.  The result was that a couple of
photos had this streak in the bottom as I walked back with the flashlight!
Think the coil may have been interfering with the electronics, though I'm not
sure.  Otherwise the photos came out perfectly, and the long exposure makes the
coil look awesome indeed! (this was my first attempt at photographing a coil in
action)

Charles