[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Re: glass vacume gaps

  Date:
        Fri, 4 Apr 1997 16:15:00 -0500
  From:
        "Robert W. Stephens" <rwstephens-at-headwaters-dot-com>
    To:
        Tesla List <tesla-at-pupman-dot-com>

> Date:          Wed, 02 Apr 1997 16:20:48 -0600
> To:            tesla-at-poodle.pupman-dot-com
> Subject:       Re: glass vacume gaps
> From:          Tesla List <tesla-at-pupman-dot-com>

>         Re: glass vacume gaps
>   Date:
>         Wed, 2 Apr 1997 16:07:20 -0500 (EST)
>   From:
>         SSNSanders-at-aol-dot-com
>     To:
>         tesla-at-pupman-dot-com

> <<
>  How do you intend to seal them in glass with nitrogen?  Would like to
>  know
>  since I am interested in creating gaps like these myself.
>
>  DaivdF
>   >>
> I thought I would build the gap and have a neon man do it, he could put
> it in
> the right size tube and put electrodes on the ends. gas and seal it.
>   Stephen Sanders

David, Stephen,

I don't mean to rain on your parade, but how is the considerable heat
buildup of the gap electrodes going to be removed if they are sealed
in a glass enclosure?  I'd worry about that unless the coil is just a
5 or 10 watt job.

rwstephens