[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

RE: pushing the photocopier tranny

  Date:
        Sat, 05 Apr 1997 00:05:00 -0500 (EST)
  From:
    To:

From: "tesla"-at-pupman-dot-com-at-PMDF-at-PAXMB1
To: Benson Barry; "tesla"-at-poodle.pupman-dot-com-at-PMDF-at-PAXMB1
Subject: pushing the photocopier tranny
Date: Friday, April 04, 1997 4:35PM

Subject:
        pushing the photocopier tranny
  Date:
        Wed, 02 Apr 1997 14:38:44 -0600
  From:
        huffman <huffman-at-FNAL.GOV>
    To:
        tesla-at-pupman-dot-com

Hi Group,
I did some measurements on the 5000V 300mA photocopier transformers
today.
The primary 1-2 is 0.41Ohms DC, 100mH, the secondary 6-7 is 284 Ohms DC,
44H.
With 21Vrms in I get 500Vrms out so with 120Vrms in I should get
2857Vrms
out. I don't have a meter that can measure that high! I have a question,
how large a value can I run on the primary? Is it just a matter of core
loses? I know I can run them at 132V without a problem. Does anyone know
how fast the core will saturate as the input is raised? I was thinking
of
removing some of the primary turns to regain output voltage lost by not
using the resonate circuit.
Any thoughts?
Dave Huffman