[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Orlando Parts Supplier

Subject:
        Orlando Parts Supplier
  Date:
        Wed, 09 Apr 1997 07:07:06 -0700
  From:
        "David E. Sharpe" <sccr4us-at-erols-dot-com>
    To:
        Chip Atkinson <tesla-at-pupman-dot-com>

Chip, All

When we have to make the obligatory trip to Walt Disney World,
Kennedy Space Center, et.al., while the family shops during
"down-time", an interesting place to visit is Skycraft.  They
are 1 block off I5 at Exit 45 just north of Orlando.  Prices
can be defined as "high-fair".  With the availability of
large amounts of government surplus in this region, the store
has a very large selection of just about anything the Tesla
Experimenter can imagine, including cable.

During our recent family vacation, bought (4) new Johnson 210
bayonet tube sockets for 811A/752B power tubes ($4.50 ea),
about 30 pounds of .030 copper sheet stock, and bar stock for ground
planes, and grounding buses (~$60.00), (2) 5kohm, 50W tapped rheostats
for grid leak bias control of a tube Tesla Coil ($2 ea.).  So I
seriously chewed a Ben Franklin, I got parts that are immediately
usable.

They also had a large selection of oil burner, and neon sign
transformers in the $30-50 range.  I make it a point to visit
while in Orlando for business or pleasure.

Skycraft
2245 Fairbanks Ave.
Winter Park, FL. 32789

(407) 628-5634