[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Spark Propadation

Subject:  Spark Propadation
  Date:   Wed, 16 Apr 1997 13:57:14 -0700
  From:   Gary Weaver <gweaver-at-earthlink-dot-net>
    To:   tesla-at-pupman-dot-com

Last summer I read an artical that says sun light and heat can help to
transmit radio waves.  The artical explained that when the sun is very
low on the horizon the light and heat from the sun are about as close to
parallel to the earths surface as they will get and radio waves can be
helped along.  It had some examples and I decided to try it for myself.
I designed and built a bean antenna for channel 7 TV station and put it
on a pipe 10' above the roof.  When the sun was very low I pointed the
antenna into the sun and tried for 15 minutes to pick up any TV station
I could.  I was about to give up when I picked up a station.  It got
stronger and stronger until it was very clear just like a local
station.  An advertisement came on then a news program that anounced the
time, TV station, and the name of the town located in California.  HAY,
thats over 2000 miles away.  After a few minutes the station faded away.

My question is.  If heat and light will help the transmition of radio
waves can it be used in some way to help make the TC sparks longer?

Next. I found a microwave oven at the scrap yard.  After putting some
jumper wires across the door switch, the ON/OFF switch and a few other
things it got it to come on.  I removed the case and removed the end
cover on the wave guide.  I aimed the wave guide at a slice of bread
stuck on the wall with a thumb tack.  It warmed the bread up very fast.
I put the bread about 10' away and it still got warm with the wave guide
aimed at the bread.  I aimed the wave guide at a bird house 20' away in
the yard and waited for a bird to
come.  When the bird came I turned ON the microwave.  After about 2
seconds the bird fell off its pirch like a rock and about 3' from the
ground it came back to life and flew away.  I aimed the microwave across
the top of the TC toroid and turned them both on.  The microwave beam
does not seem to help transmit sparks threw the air.  I can not see any
change in the sparks.

My question is.  Is there any way to make sparks transmit threw the air
longer than normal using something like an electronic beam.  Laser beam?
Light beam?  Different frequency microwave beam?  Hot air beam?

I replaced the TC toroid with an pie pan.  I turned on the TC and I am
getting about 32" sparks from the edges of the pie pan.  Lots of
splitting multiple sparks.  No sparks from the top.  Next I put a small
amount of alcohol in the pie pan and set it on fire.  The alcohol burned
with a low blue 3" flame with lots of heat rising up from the pie pan.
I turned on the TC and got the same 32" multiple splitting sparks from
the edge of the pie pan.  I also got some awsom sparks going straight up
in the flames. The sparks seem to make the flames get longer.  The
flames appear to be about 12" tall now.  The flames help conduct the
sparks.  The sparks are about 15 or 16" about the pie pan.  The sparks
are so strange I'm not sure I can explain what they look like.  Emagine
a large ball of steel wool the diameter of the pie pan shaped like a
flame 16" tall except the steel wool is really sparks.

I put birthday candles spaced 1/2" apart on the 12' long 2x4 board. I
set the board on top of the TC secondary coil.  I light all the candles.
With the TC on sparks run the full length of the board threw the flames.
Spark are jumping out of the flames in all direction like it does from
the toriod.

Gary Weaver    Experement 7928