[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Re: arc-overs!

Subject:  Re: arc-overs!
  Date:   Fri, 18 Apr 1997 06:59:39 -0700
  From:  "DR.RESONANCE" <DR.RESONANCE-at-next-wave-dot-net>
    To:  "Tesla List" <tesla-at-pupman-dot-com>

Hi Chuck"

Your primary is much too close to the sec. coil.  We usually use 1 3/4
inch
to 2 inch min.  You don't have to get it any closer because you usually
end
up elevating your sec. coil to acheive the proper coupling for max.
energy
transfer.  Usually a 1 3/4 inch pri - sec spacing with the first turn of
the sec. coil starting 2 1/2 to 3 inches above a horizontal line even
with
the top of the primary elevation will work as a good starting point.  In
some systems you will find best coupling with sec. elevated 3 1/2 to 4
inches above this reference line.

Sounds like most of your problems are being caused by a severe case of
over-coupling.

Hope this helps out.

DR.RESONANCE-at-next-wave-dot-net