[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Re: Copper tubing bending

Subject:  Re: Copper tubing bending
  Date:   Thu, 17 Apr 1997 23:19:57 +0500
  From:   "Alfred A. Skrocki" <alfred.skrocki-at-cybernetworking-dot-com>
    To:   Tesla List <tesla-at-pupman-dot-com>

> Brendan Haley writes:
> "Also if anyone has found good ways to manipulate the
> copper tubing without destroying it,  I would love to hear it."
>
> Brendan:

When I first started making Tesla coil primaries from copper tubing I
would fill the tubing with fine sand and crimp the ends of the tubing
shut then bend it to shape and cut the crimps off and empty out the
sand by gently smacking the formed tubing while rotating it. It's
easy to bend the tubing this way without any kinks, but it's a
dickens getting the sand back out! Now I use a neat tool I bought at
a yard sale, I don't know what it's called but it's a steel spring
about a foot long with one end flared. You slide it over the tubing
and bend the section in the spring then slide the spring forward and
continue bending and sliding until your done.

                               Sincerely

                                \\\|///
                               (  -at- -at-  )
                           Alfred A. Skrocki
                   alfred.skrocki-at-cybernetworking-dot-com
                             .ooo0   0ooo.
                               \_)   (_/