[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Re: Don't Try This

  Date:
        Tue, 15 Apr 1997 17:45:23 -0400 (EDT)
  From:
        Esondrmn-at-aol-dot-com
    To:
        tesla-at-pupman-dot-com

<<
 The circuit is called a cascade voltage doubler , right ?
 If this is what you mean, these are used in the triplers
 in tv sets.
 If I build one of these with 27 1uf caps  and 27 doides, from
 a 220v supply I'd get 7500vdc on the output.
 How much current can this supply ? can I use this
 to power a tesla ? if so this makes things much simpler than using
 an xf.
 some of you guys reacted negatively on this so can someone
 give a final answer, is this good or not ?
 Kenneth
 e-mail   -  kennetha-at-geocities-dot-com
 homepage -  http://www.geocities-dot-com/SunsetStrip/8736/

Kenneth,

Voltage doubler and tripler circuits are good for providing high voltage
DC
for experimenting but will not supply more than a few milliamps of
current.
 Tesla coils need much more current, like 30 to 60 to 100 ma.

Ed Sonderman

(List Moderator's note: This thread is now dead. )