[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Re: Files

Subject:  Re: Files
  Date:   Fri, 11 Apr 1997 09:30:43 -0600 (MDT)
  From:   Chip Atkinson <chip-at-xig-dot-com>
    To:   Tesla List <tesla-at-pupman-dot-com>

Greetings,

The files are in one of a few formats:
gnu zip,
uuencoded,
unix compressed.

Most all of the images are jpegs.

gnuzip and gunzip are available in source as well as precompiled
binaries
for many flavors of unix, as well as available for DOS.  I believe that
they may be found at
http://bandersnatch.fnr.umass.edu/gap/compression.html

gunzip will decompress unix compressed .Z files.

Chip

On Fri, 11 Apr 1997, Tesla List wrote:

> Subject:
>         Files
>   Date:
>         Fri, 11 Apr 1997 07:59:21 -0400 (EDT)
>   From:
>         SSNSanders-at-aol-dot-com
>     To:
>         Tesla-at-pupman-dot-com
>

> Can someone tell me what language or format the files on pub sci fi are
> in. I
> went to Bill Beatys page and went to the files from there and downloaded
> several of them and when I tried to view them they were all in a format
> my
> computer couldnt read except one or two.     Stephen Sanders

First Corollary of Taber's Second Law:
        Machines that perturb people often get murdered.
               -- Pat Taber