[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Re: RQ Schematics

Subject:   Re: RQ Schematics
  Date:    Mon, 21 Apr 1997 17:08:21 -0400
  From:    "George W. Ensley" <erc-at-coastalnet-dot-com>
    To:    Tesla List <tesla-at-pupman-dot-com>

I use the standard RQ (xfmr - caps - safety  gaps - chokes - static gap)
arrangement on my coil. The safety gap will fire very occasional on one
side
or the other when a strike from the toroid finds its way past the strike
rail to the primary. I suspect the whole primary tank circuit, chokes,
static gaps, cap and all are pulled off center as referenced to the
center
tap of the neon and the center point of the safety gaps. In any event
the
gaps fire the neon is somewhat protected and i feel good.

George...
HAM=N4ZPO
SGMET=#244
FCC=PG-5-6642