[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Coil building info

Subject:        Re: U.K. Coil building info
       Date:    Mon, 21 Apr 1997 00:16:19 -0700
       From:    Open Minded <bturner-at-apc-dot-net>
         To:    Tesla List <tesla-at-pupman-dot-com>

Tesla List wrote:

> Subject:  Re: U.K. Coil building info
>   Date:   20 Apr 97 12:32:21 EDT
>   From:   Alan Sharp <100624.504-at-CompuServe.COM>
>     To:   "INTERNET:tesla-at-pupman-dot-com" <tesla-at-pupman-dot-com>
>
> Greetings,
>
> There's not very many of us in the U.K. and most of the books
> have to be sourced from the U.S.  I started to put this together
> for anyone else in the UK - if you know of other UK sources
> let me know off list and I'll put the results on list.
>
> If the folks in the UK were interested in a get together - I've
> got a large church hall in Corby.....................       contact me
> directly. Though at the moment all I have working is a 500W
> solid state coil (14" arcs) and a small Jacob's Ladder.
> Other projects are on the way.
>
> Alan Sharp (UK)
>

> Brent Turner: Tesla Coils - good on spark gap and valve designs.
> $27.95

Alan & all -

  I have finished up a totally re-vamped book. Cleaned up some of the
text, added a BUNCH of stuff, clarified everything, and added TONS
of pictures, drawings, etc. The new book is entitled "The Tesla Coil
Book - How they work and how they are built". 198 pages, and a cover
price of only $23.95 now. (Better, cheaper, etc.) It's not really
geared for the Ph.D, but gives a good, solid foundation that the
novice/intermediate builder can grow from. (Available from me, but
not yet from the ITS though. I *just* got it finished...)

Thought I'd let you know so that you can update the files.

- Brent

  http://www.apc-dot-net/bturner/hv-page.htm