[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

RE:- Parts search

Subject:       RE:- Parts search
       Date:   Mon, 21 Apr 1997 20:03:15 GMT
       From:   robert.michaels-at-online.sme-dot-org (Robert Michaels)
         To:   tesla-at-pupman-dot-com

T>I recently went on a search for all the necesary parts. I had to go
out
T>way
T>in the country to a neon sign shop operating out of garage. For 1o
T>dollars I
T>got a perfectly good neon transformer that was capable of throwing up
T>12 foot arcs if used the right way. I haven't tryed it yet though.

        Yeh, yeh, that's pretty standard performance.  Using a
        ball park figure of about 1-million volts per 6-ft. of
        arc length, your 12-foot arcs would equate to about
        2-million volts.

        That's about what we usually get from your basic $10
        neon transformer.  Just plug 'er in and let those 12-ft.
        arcs rip - assuming you...eh..."use it the right way",
        of course.

                                     Midnight toking in - Detroit, USA

                                     Robert Michaels

        P.S.:  Whatever it is you've been smoking - any chance you
               can get me a kilo of it?