[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Re: Primaries and Copper Tubing

Subject:  Re: Primaries and Copper Tubing
  Date:   Wed, 23 Apr 1997 11:27:22 -0500
  From:   David Huffman <huffman-at-FNAL.GOV>
    To:   Tesla List <tesla-at-pupman-dot-com>

Gold is only slightly better than aluminum in resistivity. The one
reason
it is used in electronics is its resistance to corrosion. Silver is the
best conductor ignoring superconductors. It would be pretty hard to beat
good old copper tubing!
In the primary isn't there a few ohms of resistance at the spark gap? In
series circuit the primary resistance seems to be a small part of the
total.

silver   p=1.59 microhm-cm
copper   p=1.67 microhm-cm
gold     p=2.35 microhm-cm