[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Re: The Next Coil

From: 	FutureT-at-aol-dot-com[SMTP:FutureT-at-aol-dot-com]
Sent: 	Monday, August 04, 1997 2:41 AM
To: 	tesla-at-pupman-dot-com
Subject: 	Re: The Next Coil

<<
 >You'd have to draw that one for me.  I can't visualize how the single
> cap bank can be charged evenly from the 3 phases, without using diodes.

> Did Tesla ever use 3 phase for powering his coils?

> -GL

Greg,

You may be right about needing the 3 cap banks.  On page 60 in
Anderson's book "Nikola Tesla on his Work With Alternating Currents
and their Application to Wireless Telegraphy, Telephony, and
Transmission of Power", there's a picture of Tesla's 3 phase system,
which uses one rotary gap with 8 electrodes, and 3 separate cap
banks.  There is no mention of how well the system worked.  I seem
to remember Lou Balint mentioning something about Tesla's 3 phase
Tesla work also...I'll ask him about it.

John Freau