[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Re: Capacitor in question

From: 	William Noble[SMTP:William_B_Noble-at-msn-dot-com]
Sent: 	Wednesday, August 06, 1997 11:52 PM
To: 	Tesla List
Subject: 	RE: Capacitor in question

these sound like some caps I bought at the TRW swap meet locally - I put two
in series and use them on a 15Kv 30ma coil - after running for a little while
- say 15 seconds, the caps have warmed up a bit - I would speculate from that
observation that they would fail in extended use, and further that they are
eating up some of the spark energy.  So, yes you can use them, but make sure
they don't overheat.