[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Re: An Important Post.

From: 	Richard Wayne Wall[SMTP:rwall-at-ix-dot-netcom-dot-com]
Sent: 	Thursday, August 07, 1997 4:41 AM
To: 	Tesla List
Subject: 	Re: An Important Post.

8/7/97

Malcolm wrote:

snip

>> Orthodox transmission line theory assumes
>> transverse propagation of an EM wave.  Eric's model demonstrates
>> longitudnal transmission of an electrical wave.  Longitudnal
>> transmission - a theory near and dear to Nikola Tesla. (RWW)
>
>I don't recall him saying anything about this in the works I've read.
>Do you have a reference?
>
>Malcolm

Nikola Tesla's theory of longitudnal electrical transmission is repleat
in the literature.  He made no effort to hide his distain for Hertzian
transverse electrical transmission theory and often wrote and spoke
regarding his ideas as such.

A couple of references follow:

  " . . .  The so-called Hertz waves are still considered a reality
proving that light is electrical in it's nature, and also that the
ether is capable of transmitting transverse vibration of frequencies
however low.  This view has become untenable since I showed that the
universal medium is a gaseous body in which only longitudnal pulses can
be propagated, involving alternating compressions and expansions
similar to those by sound waves in the air.  Thus, a wireless
transmitter does not emit Hertz waves which are a myth, but sound waves
in the ether, behaving in every respect like those in the air, except
that, owing to the elastic force and small density of the medium, their
speed is that of light."  . . .

Nikola Tesla
New York Herald Tribune
September 11, 1932

"The Hertz wave theory of wireless transmission maybe kept for a while,
but I do not hesitate to say that in a short time it will be recognized
as one of the most remarkable and inexplicable abberrations ot the
scientific mind which has ever been recorded in history"

Nikola Tesla
"The True Wireless"
The Electrical Experimenter

Only a handfull of the most ardent Teslaphiles give credence to Nikola
Tesla's theories on longitudnal electrical transmission and his view of
the ether.  However, as we "rediscover" Nikola Tesla's work and
discoveries we often are amazed how accurate and prophetic he truely
was in his inventions and theories.  So it seems prudent not to reject,
out of hand, as impossible some of his more "controversial" ideas and
theories.  Rather a free and open mind to test and experiment to either
prove or disprove Tesla's theories and ideas, seems the best course of
action.  Immediate rejection without scientific basis proves nothing.

RWW