[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Re: Coiling Waveforms.

From: 	John H. Couture[SMTP:couturejh-at-worldnet.att-dot-net]
Sent: 	Friday, August 08, 1997 12:36 AM
To: 	Tesla List
Subject: 	Re: Coiling Waveforms.

At 12:21 PM 8/7/97 +0000, you wrote:

> [...]

   John  F. -

  Are you saying that the extra long spark is dependent upon the energy of
ionized cloud and streamer paths from previous sparks. This is a possibility
and brings up the question as to how much of the energy in the cloud should
be assigned to the long spark compared to the smaller spark. This
information is important  to set up a standard rating of watts per unit
length of spark.

   I agree there is energy left from previous sparks that should be credited
to the long spark but how are we going to find the amount of that energy?
This energy is reflected in the waveform which is an indication of the
charging of the secondary circuit. How do you think the energy for the long
spark can be found compared to the shorter sparks? We can find the total
input watts but how do we split it up between the long and short sparks?

    John Couture