[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Re: Rotary Gap

From: 	FutureT-at-aol-dot-com[SMTP:FutureT-at-aol-dot-com]
Sent: 	Saturday, August 09, 1997 2:16 AM
To: 	tesla-at-pupman-dot-com
Subject: 	Re: Rotary Gap

<<
> John Freau

> I used "contact cement" both for the cutoff-wheel to plywood joint, and
> for the plywood to pulley joint.  This glue is applied to each surface,
> and allowed to dry until it is tacky.  Then, when the surfaces are
> brought together, they bond instantly (so alignment must be correct -
> you don't get a second chance).  In my case, I used a temporary dummy
> shaft through all the components for alignment.

> Also, you obviously should use a fairly large pulley to have good
> support for the plywood, and it should have a large flat surface facing
> the wood.  There are some solid steel pulleys with flat sides available
> in "small engine repair" shops, or if you have an alloy pulley with
> enough "meat", you can cut one side down on a lathe to get a good flat
> surface.

>	Steve Falco
 >	sfalco-at-worldnet.att-dot-net

Steve,

Thanks for this rotary gap construction information.  I have noticed
that there seems to be two different types of contact cement
available (but one may be an older type),  One type is flammable,
and has a certain texture...another type is i think not flammable,
and has a different texture.  Are both these types equally strong
and suitable for this application?

Thanks again,

John Freau