[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Re: An Important Post.

From: 	Joe Cummings[SMTP:joecmn-at-globalnet.co.uk]
Sent: 	Sunday, August 10, 1997 10:36 AM
To: 	Tesla List
Subject: 	Re: An Important Post.

At 23:08 08/08/97 -0500, you wrote:

> [...]

As far as I remember,the problem of the ether was dealt with by
 Einstein in his earlier work along the lines that,
 if it is unobservable, it wasn't a part of physical theory.

He hypothesised that the velocity of light in empty space was
always the same relative to any mobile co-ordinate system.
This implied the Lorentz transformation, and explained the Michelson-Morley
experiment.

RW is right, keep an open mind.

Think of two problems:

Two bodies a light-year apart inside an empty sphere a thousand
light-years' diameter.  These wil be immediately attracted to each
other directly proportionally to the product of their masses and
inversely according to the square of the distance between them - immediately!

In a vacuum, particles come into existence and disappear. Whence? Whither?

However (having managed to squeeze in my two-penn'orth),  you're right, the
topic doesn't belong
here:)

Joe Cummings.