[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Re: Coiling Waveforms.

From: 	richard hull[SMTP:rhull-at-richmond.infi-dot-net]
Sent: 	Sunday, August 10, 1997 1:47 PM
To: 	Tesla List
Subject: 	Re: Coiling Waveforms.

At 06:02 AM 8/6/97 -0500, you wrote:

> [...]

YOU TELL 'UM MALCOLM!!

I have harped on this for years.  You do not get a separate spark for each
break!  With whimpy systems using a pointed nail as a discharger you might
come close, but with a super well done system with a huge top load, I have
video records showing a single spark channel lasting over 300 individual
breaks (charge/discharge cycles).  The breaks just feed the  established
channel and air/ions with energy.

I have long noted that the entire process (long sparks) is not really coil
related but more related to the terminal, shape, capacitance and the
surroundings (air, targets of opportunity at specific ranges, altitude above
ground, etc.).  This relates to the savy of the builder and skill of operation.

Richard Hull, TCBOR