[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

RE: Computer data

From: 	Greg Leyh[SMTP:lod-at-pacbell-dot-net]
Sent: 	Thursday, August 28, 1997 5:19 PM
To: 	Tesla List
Subject: 	Re: Computer data

DR.RESONANCE wrote:

> Hi Greg:
>
> Ran some of your previous coil design data thru our computer design
> program, "Resonance Master", and it generated the following data:
>
> assuming a pri cap size of 0.18 MFD, then:
>
> at 90 amps input   x = 21 ft. long sec. spark     this would be min input
> value for this size cap
>
> at 108 amps input  x = 25.2 ft. long sec. spark    this would be most
> efficient operation point, ie, tank plate current dipped
>
> at 130 amps input  x = 30.3 ft. long sec. spark   overdriving the system
> slightly for max spark output

This coil is not CW, and therefore does not have a tank plate current to dip.
What are the ampere ratings shown above?  Is that the wallplug current?
So far in the low power tests (shown in the JPEG's on Chip's site), here is
what I have actually measured:

At 45 amps input (480V 3-Phase)  x = 25 to 32 ft. long sec. spark

> The above values assume a large top load and all is in tune.  Power supply
> reactance matches cap size, pri in correct tune with sec system, proper
> coeff. coupling (0.18-0.22), and good spark gap quenching.
>
> I was curious if these values are in agreement with your observed operating
> parameters.  If in agreement I would be happy to do a runup of your new
> system to see if your new numbers agree with our program output.

Yes, I would indeed!  The full power (120kW) test will occur in about 8 weeks.
Cpri will be 0.27uF
Zpri will be 15 ohms
k    will be 0.22
How does your algorithm relate output power to spark length?

-GL