[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Re: Car igntion coil

From: 	Julian Green[SMTP:julian-at-kbss.bt.co.uk]
Sent: 	Friday, August 29, 1997 12:11 PM
To: 	tesla-at-pupman-dot-com
Subject: 	Re: Car igntion coil

For those who cant get Neon sign transformers then try this:

|              |
oooooooooooooooo
================ T1
 --OOOOOOOOOO--
|       |      |
|        ------------ +12v
|              |
+-R1-      -R2-+
+-C1-\    /-C2-+
|     \  /     |
|      \/      |
|      /\      |
|     /  \     |
 \|  /    \  |/
  |--      --|
 /| TR1      |\ TR2
|              |
 --------------+----- Gnd

 TR1,TR2	2N3055 or something juicy.
 R1,R2		470 Ohms  5Watts
 C1,C2		0.1uF
 T1		Line output transformer from TV - rewind primary
 		with thick wire 40 turns center tapped.

The exact circuit above may not work, so try different values of
R and C.   Its not normally difficuly to get going as I have built
several of the above with what ever bits are on hand at the time.

With suitable Heatsink I have had 100w out.   Be carefull that the
circuit does not draw too much current when setting up else you
will melt a transistor.  Use a big 10 ohm series resistor to start
with.

Rectify output with HV diode from the TV or string up a load of
IN4007 diodes.

Julian Green.