[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Rotary Spark Gap.

From: 	Joshua Resnick[SMTP:seraphim-at-WPI.EDU]
Sent: 	Tuesday, December 02, 1997 1:50 AM
To: 	Tesla List
Subject: 	Rotary Spark Gap.

TC list,
I just got a 1' dia  1/2" thick Plexiglas plate and a 1/3 hp -at- 3000 rpm
motor  (4.7 amps) for my rotary spark gap.
I have seen pictures of gaps with a metal ring configuration so that one
electrode on each side (1 foot away) of the
disk makes up the gap,  and ones with electrodes that go through
straight through disk.  Which method, if any, is best?
Also what formula should I use to estimate the relationship between
capacitor size and gap frequency?
Does anybody know of a good piece of hardware suitable for electrode
use?

Thanks alot,
Joshua Resnick