[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Re: Rotary Spark Gap.

From: 	Barton B. Anderson[SMTP:mopar-at-mn.uswest-dot-net]
Sent: 	Wednesday, December 03, 1997 10:14 AM
To: 	Tesla List
Subject: 	Re: Rotary Spark Gap.

Joshua,

Tesla List wrote:

> [...]

I would have concerns using plexiglass for an RSG. What I've learned off
this list is thatplexiglass is "lossy" or in this application maybe it would
be more appropriate just to say
that it would "melt" on you. Not a good for disk spinning at 3000rpm. An
electrode comes
loose at that speed and "OUCH" to anyone or anything in it's path.
Many have used a composite known as G10 or a metal disk which is isolated
from the motor.
I personally am using a metal disk but do intend to move to a G10 composite
in the future.

Bart