[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Re: Weird ideas

From: 	Ted[SMTP:tedric-at-generation-dot-net]
Sent: 	Thursday, December 04, 1997 1:25 PM
To: 	Tesla List
Subject: 	RE: Weird ideas

John, Edward, all,

Finally someone get my point. When I refer to efficiency, I am referring to
the total energy input to all electrical & mechanical components in order to
get that output. For example, one can get a 1 hp motor to drive a RSG for a
500 watts coil. If the both the coil and spark gap are well built it should
perform better that a static gap and gives a longer discharge. Now you may
be delight to see such improvement, or at least until you find out the
equivalent watts for a hp. Well, an engineer may not agree with me, but I
find the above system is so inefficient that I would not even invest time to
think about it.(This moment is the only exception)

Also, I believe the power level of the big tube-type broadcast band
transmitters that you (Edward) mentioned will require some expensive cooling
system. How expensive? Maybe even more that the sum that the pole pig +
professional caps + whatever cost you.

Ted