[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Re: Weird ideas

From: 	John H. Couture[SMTP:couturejh-at-worldnet.att-dot-net]
Sent: 	Saturday, December 06, 1997 6:02 PM
To: 	Tesla List
Subject: 	Re: Weird ideas

At 03:16 AM 12/5/97 +0000, you wrote:

> [...]

  Ed -

  With the present method of rating a Tesla coil I admit that it is
difficult to understand what a person means by Tesla coil efficiency.
Efficiency is a ratio of energy out divided by energy in. With sparks the
energy out is difficult or impossible to determine.

  What I meant was when using a certain wallplug input to a tube type TC
would you get a longer or shorter controlled spark length compared to a
classical TC using the same wallplug input ? A controlled spark length being
a horizontal continuous spark from the secondary terminal to a ground point,
using standard air corrections if necessary. This type of rating leaves a
lot to be desired but is the simplest and makes good sense from a scientific
standpoint compared to the rare extra long spark normally used.

  John Couture