[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Re: It works! Solid state driver

From: 	Malcolm Watts[SMTP:MALCOLM-at-directorate.wnp.ac.nz]
Sent: 	Thursday, December 11, 1997 3:40 PM
To: 	Tesla List
Subject: 	Re: It works! Solid state driver

Hi Roderick,
              The problem may well lie in the transformer
construction rather than the switchmode controller (which is pretty
accurate):

It is *essential* in a pushpull design, all else being equal, to
*bifilar* wind the primary. The imbalance is often the result of both
less than best possible coupling between the primary halves and, more
importantly, the difference in copper mass between the two halves if
one is wound on top of the other.

Malcolm