[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Re: Tungsten electrodes (fwd)

---------- Forwarded message ----------
Date: Mon, 15 Dec 1997 16:47:29 -0700
From: "D.C. Cox" <DR.RESONANCE-at-next-wave-dot-net>
To: Tesla List <tesla-at-pupman-dot-com>
Subject: Re: Tungsten electrodes (fwd)

to: Bill & List

Good points Bill.  We use very high quality units for over 25 years and
have never had one detach yet.  They are expensive but for liability
reasons we use only the best available components and conduct worst case
tests at 40-50 kva to check their integrity.  Also it is important no
matter what type of RSG you are running to hand check electrodes prior to
operation in any public environment.  We always spin the rotor and check
the stationary electrodes for clearance prior to shows as well.  We ALWAYS,
ALWAYS orient the coil so it is parallel to the presentation stage and
perpendicular to the audience.  Some builders use lexan shields which is
also a good idea.  As you mentioned we always use lock-tight on electrode
installation and also on the rotor DUAL (never single) setscrews which
attach the rotor to the shaft.

DR.RESONANCE-at-next-wave-dot-net