[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Re: Bypass caps and Neons *NEEDED!* (fwd)

---------- Forwarded message ----------
Date: Wed, 17 Dec 1997 13:49:02 EST
From: Esondrmn <Esondrmn-at-aol-dot-com>
To: tesla-at-pupman-dot-com
Subject: Re: Bypass caps and Neons *NEEDED!* (fwd)

<<
 Greetings: As sort of a closure on this for me, are these cap's you are
 protecting in parallel or series with the power source, or does it matter?

 Thanks,
 Dale in Nevada.

Dale,

We are talking about the primary tank circuit capacitor.  In my system, it is
in series with the primary coil, with the rotary gap across this series
circuit with the H.V. feed lines connected across the rotary gap.  The common
theory here is to place the gap across the H.V. supply (as opposed to the cap)
as it provides additional protection for the H.V. transformer.

Ed Sonderman