[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Re: primary hook up (fwd)

From: 	Esondrmn[SMTP:Esondrmn-at-aol-dot-com]
Sent: 	Monday, December 22, 1997 2:27 PM
To: 	tesla-at-pupman-dot-com
Subject: 	Re: primary hook up (fwd)

<< What is a good means to make a secure connection to the primary coil?  I
 have a 1/4" Cu tubing primary.  Up until now I have just been using
 plain old alligator clips.  Is there anything that can fit snuggly
 around it?

 Thanks,
 Kevin

Kevin,

I also use aligator clips but I take a piece of copper tubing about 1/4" to
1/2" long and cut into two pieces lengthwise.  Then I open the two pieces up
as necessary so the curvature fits nicely onto the primary tubing.  Then I
solder these two pieces crosswise onto the aligator clip jaws.

Ed Sonderman