[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Re: oil for caps

From: 	Alfred A. Skrocki[SMTP:alfred.skrocki-at-cybernetworking-dot-com]
Sent: 	Tuesday, December 23, 1997 4:55 PM
To: 	Tesla List
Subject: 	Re: oil for caps

On Monday, December 22, 1997 5:34 PM Raymond C. Howes
[SMTP:rchowes-at-email.msn-dot-com] wrote;

> Hi Ray here,
> I'm in the process of making my first rolled cap.
> Easy question. What kind of oil can be used besides tansformer oil?
> Oil substitutes?

Actually Ray, plain U.S.P. mineral oil has better dielectric qualities than
any "transformer oil", cheaper too! If you can get samples then look into
the refrigerator compressor oils some like Sunsil (I think that's the name)
have double the dielecrtric constant of mineral oil puting it in the 4+
league! Roll a cap and fill with this type of oil and double the
capacitance!

                                        Sincerely

                                         \\\|///
                                       \\  ~ ~  //
                                        (  -at- -at-  )
                                    Alfred A. Skrocki
                                Alfred.Skrocki.Sr-at-JUNO-dot-com
                            alfred.skrocki-at-cybernetworking-dot-com
                       Visit my Do-It-Yourself Aquarium WEB page at;
                        http://www.geocities-dot-com/CapeCanaveral/4606
                                      .ooo0   0ooo.
                                        \_)   (_/